Confession: on my yoga teacher training in Bali I ate pancakes for breakfast every single day. Even on my Sunday off from training, I ordered them at my hotel. They tasted so good!! So when I got home my priority was to find a recipe for yummy, fluffy and – dare I say it – not-too-unhealthy pancakes. Well, I found them, and they’re too delicious not to share.
I’ve been topping these goodies with Skyr yoghurt, maple syrup, or chia seeds and sliced almonds – but you can get creative.
Makes about 10 small pancakes
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Banana
- 2 tbsp 100% Real Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
Pour in the almond milk, eggs, egg white, banana, maple syrup, rolled oats, baking powder and salt into a blender (I use our Nutribullet, which works fine).
- Blend until smooth.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Once warmed, use your choice of cooking oil, coconut oil or butter. Pour pancake batter into skillet in small circles, allowing plenty of space between them.
Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side. While the first side is cooking, scatter frozen blueberries over the top.
- Turn over and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Drizzle, dollop or scatter with the toppings of your choice!